The Decatur PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is a member of the National PTA. Our annual Membership Drive Kickoff starts with the “Welcome Back Donuts & Coffee” on the first day of school. A family membership is $15.00 for the entire year. Your dues help the PTA fund many of the events, clubs and opportunities available at Decatur. Plus, enjoy your free admission to the “Round Up” on September 11th with every paid membership.
Join by October 2nd and your name will be entered into a drawing to win two FREE tickets to the Spring Fundraiser on April 24, 2010! The winner will be drawn at our October 15, 2009 meeting.
Use your membership privileges to:
- Elect PTA Officers
- Request funding for special school projects
- Give input on programming/funding/budgeting
- Complimentary STUDENT DIRECTORY with every paid membership
We encourage all families to join the Decatur PTA. For the past several years, we have enjoyed nearly 100% participation from families, teachers and staff. We were recognized by the Illinois PTA as a 2009 Convention Award Winner for Membership. Congratulations Decatur!
See below for our exciting 2009-2010 Calendar of Events and Meetings
Please join us at Barnes & Noble Booksellers at Village Crossing Plaza on November 21st from 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. for a fundraiser and student talent show. A percentage of all purchases made - in store or called in to any B&N - will go to Decatur. Decatur teachers, staff and children in all grades are invited to sing a song, perform a dance, play an instrument, read a poem, read a selection from a book or dazzle us with other talents. The talent show is a must-see! Get an early start on your holiday shopping and support your school in the process.
Reflections is a multi-art project sponsored by the National PTA. All Decatur students are invited to participate in the 2009-10 Reflections program. This year’s theme is: “Beauty is….” Students are invited to express themselves through literature, musical composition, photography or visual arts. Additional information will be sent home soon. All entries are due by November 24, 2009. Any questions regarding the contest,
- Welcome Back Donuts & Coffee September 8, 2009- Annual Membership Drive Kick-off
- Round Up September 11, 2009 5:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Scholastic Book Fair September 14-18, 2009
- Jog-A-Thon October 19, 2009 - “Running Around the World” Student Fundraiser
- Halloween Party October 29, 2009 - 6:00p.m. - 7:30p.m.
- Barnes & Noble Event November 21, 2009
- Reflections Contest "Beauty is..." Entries Due November 24, 2009
- Founder's Day February 10, 2010
- Spring Fundraiser April 24, 2010 - Holiday Inn Northshore
- Spring Fling June 11, 2010
- 6th Grade Graduation Luncheon June 15, 2010
- TOPICS: Summer Improvements, Budget, and Jog-a-thon September 17, 2009
- TOPICS: Halloween Party and Barnes & Noble Event October 15, 2009
- TOPICS: Barnes & Noble Event, Reflections Contest and a Special Presentation on the Spring Fundraiser "Playground Renovation Proposal" November 18, 2009
- NO DECEMBER MEETING
- TOPICS: Founder's Day and Spring Fundraiser January 21, 2010
- TOPICS: Spring Fundraiser February 18, 2010
- TOPICS: PTA Slate 2010-2011:Nominating Committee March 18, 2010
- TOPICS: PTA Slate, Spring Fundraiser, Budget/Audit Committees and Spring Fling April 15, 2010
- TOPICS: Election of PTA Officers 2010-2011 and Spring Fundraiser Financial Recap May 20, 2010
- NO JUNE MEETING
T.H.A.N.K.S. - To Honor And Notice Kindness and Service. This award began in 2009 by the Parent Teacher Association. It is given out monthly to individuals who go above and beyond the call of duty with their exemplary volunteerism. Do you know someone who deserves a “T.H.A.N.K.S.”? If the answer is yes and you'd like to nominate a parent, teacher or staff member for the T.H.A.N.K.S award, please attend one of our upcoming meetings to do so. The PTA board will select the award recipient(s) from the pool of nominees. The award recipient(s) will be announced at the following meeting. In addition, they are featured in the Decatur Communique each month.
Check out the Decatur sportswear page for the latest styles and ordering information. We offer something for everyone! From sweatpants to tie-dye t-shirts, shorts to ringer tee's, you are sure to find your style for the whole family. Decatur-wear is recommended on gym days and field trip days, so be sure to stock up.
Click the following link to access the Decatur's Sports Wear site:www.freewebs.com/decatursportswear
With the success of past fundraisers (Jog-A-Thon and the Spring Fundraiser), the PTA has been able to fund some outstanding projects for the school and our children. We'd like to thank the Decatur community for their support. Together, we made a difference!
- 2009 Classroom Smartboards
- 2008 Technology Upgrade - purchased 30 new computers
- 2008 Fresh Paint and Solar Shades School-wide
- 2006/2007 ROOM 111 Science Lab/New Microscopes and Lab Equipment
- Halloween Party
- Primary Dance Night
- Spring Fling (year end carnival)
- Science Night
- Children's Choir
- 6th Grade Celebration Luncheon
- Roman Banquet
- Student Awards (Book It Pizza)
- Chess Club
- Chicago Area Problem Solvers (CAPS-5th & 6th Grade)
- Welcome Picnic for incoming students
- Round Up Membership Drive
- Founder's Day Luncheon
- Reflections Contest
- Garden Club
- Hospitality for staff/meetings
- Girl's on the Run Program
- Coordinate Volunteers for Picture Day
- Curriculum Support (special interest assemblies)
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Day
- Field trip buses
- Primary Grade Rug Cleaning
- Custodian Fund
- Educational Materials Support for Classrooms/Auxillary Staff
- Animal Upkeep and Vet Care (Science)
- Library Expenses (Birthday Club and Prizes)
- Annual Library Software Support Agreement
- Copier Maintenance Contracts