Drop Off/Pick Up Reminders
You may have noticed some changes to the property as construction gets underway!
Ms. Luna communicated important reminders in her Principal's Newsletter.
Here they are in case you missed them.
We understand that these expectations will take more time and that parents need to get to their next destination. However, we need your help and cooperation to keep children, staff, and other families safe.
We also need to be good neighbors and remember that there are other children walking to school. Your patience and support will make a big difference.
- We need all parents to slow down, especially during morning drop off. We expect more congestion due to buses and the closed sidewalk further down on Sacramento.
- Our staff will be more 'hands-on' in directing traffic in the morning and we need parents to please comply with any directions.
- Do not block the crosswalk or a neighbor's driveway.
- Please do not stop or pull over on either side of Sacramento except in the 'Kiss & Go' designated area.
- The construction has now taken over the entire back area due to the accelerated timeline. This is an important step to help their efforts to complete the building on time. Parents can still pick up in the back of the building, outside their assigned doors, but will need to leave the back area as soon as they have their child to avoid congestion.
- If you are picking up your child after school, you must park legally in the neighborhood. Do not park with your hazard lights on Sacramento or in the alley.
- We've had a great deal of congestion and near-accidents during after school pick up. As much as possible, please find legal parking in the neighborhood and do not block the crosswalk, driveways, parking lot entry, etc.
- Parents may not use the school parking lot to park, turn around, or quickly drop off their children.