Below are the details for the LSC elections process:
- All parents/guardians will be sent a mail-in ballot with a pre-paid return envelope. This ballot requires that participants cast a maximum of 5 votes for the 8 vacant positions in order to identify clear winners, yet all of our candidates will fill the vacant positions.
- Families will have the option to participate either by mail in ballot or vote in-person.
- In-Person Election will take place at Decatur on November 18 between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
For all parents, community members who will be voting in-person, the district has implemented stringent health protocols to ensure the safety of voting in a school building. These include:
- Requiring voters to wear a cloth face covering, sanitize their hands, maintain social distancing, and complete a health screener and temperature check prior to entering the building.
- Offering curbside voting for individuals with disabilities, individuals who cannot wear a mask, or individuals who choose not to enter the polling place due to pre-existing health conditions.
- Utilizing sneeze guards and other physical barriers to protect staff when voters arrive, and using posted signage throughout school facilities to emphasize new policies and procedures.