I want to volunteer at Decatur. What should I do next?
- ALL volunteers must be approved EVERY year by CPS in order to volunteer (even if you have been approved in the past.)
- NEW VOLUNTEERS: Please complete the Volunteer Application. Make sure your name on your application matches your state ID exactly.
- RETURNING VOLUNTEERS: You will need to fill out a new application for the current school year. Please log into your account on Civicore to find the current application.
- To apply or to update your application, please log into Civicore. The name on your application must EXACTLY match the name on your State ID.
- Choose which level you would like to apply for. A parent providing supervised volunteer services in their child’s school for less than 10 hours per week would apply for Level II clearance. A parent providing volunteer services in their child’s school for more than 10 hours per week and/or wishing to chaperone on field trips should apply for Level I clearance which will include fingerprinting and a TB test.
- If you are already a Level II and would like to be Level I, please email Ms. Doggett at [email protected] so she can update your volunteer level in the system. Any additional information regarding requirements that need to be fulfilled will come in an email from Volunteer Services.
- After you complete your application and submit it, please either stop by the school or email Ms. Doggett a copy of your ID at [email protected] when you have completed the application. We need to identify you as a candidate before CPS starts their part of the process.
- You will receive an email from CPS with next steps. Level I volunteers will receive instructions
on how to move forward with fingerprinting and TB testing (this can take several weeks). Level II volunteers will receive an email when they are eligible to volunteer (approximately 48 hours after submitting ID).
Please direct questions not answered here to: